#5. Something Fresh?




Hello, welcome back to my blog! This morning I ate something. It's nothing interesting but I just wanted to give you a quick splatter of my experience (see what I did there, splatter).  Anyways, you're going to have to guess what it is. 


Crunch.

I opened the metal case which it lay in. A whiff of a fresh but almost spicy air hit my nose. I picked up the small white circular object and placed it onto my tongue. I don't like the way it sits on my tongue dissolving so slowly, so I bite down on it. Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. I exhale with my mouth to smell the fresh scent, but I realize that it wasn't even necessary. I feel the air in my mouth seep into the back of throat and into my nose without even opening my mouth once more.



A Cold Burn

It burns. It's a weird burn. A cold burn. My eyes water a bit as the scent makes its way up into my eyes. I probably shouldn't have chomped down on so many. Can you guess what it is yet?



A Mistake.

I moved on with my day but the flavor in my mouth stuck. I soon found myself within arms grasp of a cup of cold water and I took a big gulp, forgetful of what I had eaten only moments ago. I found myself quickly regretting it. The flavor prominently revealed itself to still remain in my mouth. I felt a quick sting pass over my tongue as it made contact with the cold water. It was as if my tongue had become suddenly frosted over, like how the dew on leaves frosts during the winter nights. 

Hopefully by now you realize what it is I ate. It's like a right of passage for every human to experience this at least once during their lifetime. The sting. 

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this quick blog. Stay tuned for the next. :)



Comments

  1. Hey Sofia! I just want to take a guess on what you were describing. As I can tell it's a mint but I think it is Altoids. (Let me know if I am right) I love have deep you got into describing each part. You talked about the crunch of when you are biting it. You gave a great description on what you are smelling when you first open the packaging. The cold burn and talking about the eyes watering... IS GREAT! You really got into it and now when I think of when I was eating a mint I see that happening. Talking about drinking cold water right after having one is something I always do on accident after. You did a really great job describing the mint.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#3. Taylor Swift: Mirrorball

#7. "Fresh"

#4. It's Still Too Hot Outside